Would anyone be interested in a PLUG chat room?

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Wed Mar 20 12:46:52 MDT 2019

On Wed, 20 Mar 2019 10:40:00 -0600
"AJ ONeal (Home)" <coolaj86 at gmail.com> wrote:

> * first and foremost *preserves *and *makes accessible* (i.e.
> searchable) useful content
> * second aligns with the Linux philosophy to some degree (open,
> available, CLI accessible)
> * promotes high signal to noise (i.e. more questions and answers than
> giphys and tweets)

Hear, hear!

<rant>People have gone off into a bazillion different communications
tools, which rather stunts communication.

I am sick and tired of installing some software (OK, not that "apt
install ..." is all that hard), open yet another account, hand my email
address over to likely spammers (not that they don't have it already),
etc., etc. just to ask a question and not get an answer.</rant>

--
"When we talk of civilization, we are too apt to limit the meaning of
the word to its mere embellishments, such as arts and sciences; but