Would anyone be interested in a PLUG chat room?

Wed Mar 20 11:23:42 MDT 2019

There is also a system called Matrix. It is 100% open source, and it allows people to connect using whatever system they want, (Slack, Telegram, IRC, etc.) since Matrix provide bridges from all popular systems, or you can use a Matrix client directly. I don't know about making the conversation externally searchable.