February's Meeting -- Potential Topics

Alpheus Madsen alpheus.madsen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 15:46:02 MST 2018

I was a little disappointed that January's meeting fell through, and since
we're in-between Presidents, this makes me concerned that we'll lose PLUG
altogether if we're not careful.  I'm not in a position right now to
volunteer to be President, but I would like to volunteer to give a
presentation in February.  I would probably present on a topic that I
submitted to OpenWest, namely, a rough-draft, whiteboard-and-marker
discussion on the Solitaire playing card encryption algorithm.

If there isn't enough interest in that, I have been wondering what to do
with a work computer that was given to me when I was last let go from work;
at this point, I'm toying with the idea of having these computers to be
clones of each other, and was wondering how I can keep everything in sync
between the two computers -- and how to avoid situations where data for an
account might get corrupted, if I log into the same account on both
computers at the same time, and then try to edit the same file on two
different computers.  We can discuss the merits and perils of this crazy,
hairbrained scheme.

Finally, if all else fails, I would be content if we could just meet up to
discuss tips and tricks, share Linux war stories, and perhaps make a list
of topics we might be interested in having covered in the future.

So, any other thoughts on what we should do for February?