x server and DE running from a chroot or container

Barry Roberts blr at robertsr.us
Tue Jan 16 20:22:57 MST 2018

I've run GUI programs (firefox, libreoffice) in containers, but never a
DE.  But judging from the number of desktops with 100k+ pulls on
hub.docker.com, I'm guessing people do it.

And I would think running a DE in a container and using VNC or rdp in
Centos to get to it would be quicker and less resource intensive than
running it in a VM.  Still not game-worthy, but I hate Virtual Box and
VMWare, and I can only sort of tolerate virt-manager.

Barry