x server and DE running from a chroot or container

mike at dev-zero.net mike at dev-zero.net
Tue Jan 16 15:56:05 MST 2018

it looks like that i might be forced to use a system running centos 7 for my regular workstation. centos is not exactly known for keeping things up to date and i've been use to using a debian based distro for years. the idea that has crossed my mind is running my x server, DE, and such from a chroot or container. has anyone tried something similar to this? if so, how did you do it? i spent some time doing some web searches and didn't really come up with anything that i considered a useful solution. thoughts?

mike