Do I really need Plex Premium?

Brian J. Rogers captbrogers at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 10:48:10 MST 2018

I agree with Jonathan, if you are using other cloud services and don't see
much interest in ripping your own library, don't bother.

My personal experience with Plex has been great. I bought a lifetime pass
for myself after having a subscription for a year. I am a stickler about
having access to the files of media I own, which is why I've opted for
ripping everything myself and using Plex. Yeah, it's time consuming and I
may have to rip the same movies a few times until I get the right combo of
settings to have a good quality copy that isn't 5GB, but I'm a bit of a
weirdo that doesn't mind doing such things.