Running the user group

Chris Wood chris at tincreek.com
Tue Jan 2 12:29:46 MST 2018

ARTHUR: Please, please good people. I am in haste. Who lives
in that castle?

WOMAN: No one live there.

ARTHUR: Then who is your lord?

WOMAN: We don't have a lord.

ARTHUR: What?

DENNIS: I told you. We're an anarchosyndicalist commune. We take
it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week.

ARTHUR: Yes.

DENNIS: But all the decision of that officer have to be ratified
at a special biweekly meeting.

ARTHUR: Yes, I see.

DENNIS: By a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs,--

ARTHUR: Be quiet!

DENNIS: --but by a two-thirds majority in the case of more--

ARTHUR: Be quiet! I order you to be quiet!

WOMAN: Order, eh -- who does he think he is?

ARTHUR: I am your king!

WOMAN: Well, I didn't vote for you.

ARTHUR: You don't vote for kings.

On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 9:07 AM, Simister, James
<james.simister at us.panasonic.com> wrote:

> I had thought at one point about running a user's group, but I honestly have no idea what it would take and the logistics behind it all. I'd be willing to chat about taking the mantle. What all needs to be done? What are all the behind-the-scenes responsibilities that you take care of that us mere mortal members never know the full extent of?
>
> Thanks again for running the group! You've been doing a great job.
>
> James

Chris Wood