A little help would be nice

Sasha Pachev sasha at asksasha.com
Wed Jan 18 15:13:47 MST 2017

Alan:

I made a simple QT4 example for you and others you are interested that
I believe does what you want. Run the following commands to see it:

Install qt4 development package. On Ubuntu and other apt-based systems

sudo apt-get install libqt4-dev

Make sure you have git and C++ installed

sudo apt-get install g++ git

Then

git clone http://github.com/spachev/qt4-demo
cd qt4-demo/hello
./build.sh

if everything is good

./hello

and you will see it in action.

The source is in hello.cc. There is some magic qt.pro which will need
to be changed if you add more files or want to rename the output file.

I recommend that once you get it working you take a look at

https://doc.qt.io/archives/4.3/tutorial.html

for more complex examples.

Obviously qt4 is not the only way to make this work, but this can get
you started.

--
Sasha Pachev

Fast Running Blog.