REMINDER: August Meeting tomorrow: The surveillance capitalism will continue until morale improves

Steve Meyers steve at plug.org
Mon Aug 14 10:40:01 MDT 2017

Date: Tuesday, August 15th
Time: 7:00pm
Location: UVU Business Resource Center

Speaker: Jon Jarvis

The War on Privacy is ongoing and it is escalating. Invasions into your privacy have become sneakier, highly automated, difficult to avoid and increasingly convoluted to opt-out from. Content platforms and advertising networks are actively seeking and developing new technologies to collect and correlate the physical identities, movement, characteristics, and Internet activity of consumers.

Skip this talk if you're already familiar with and prepared to defend against:- Instant facial recognition and correlation at scale- Geo-fenced content delivery- Retailer and municipal WiFi tracking- Unblockable browser fingerprinting- Cross-device ultrasound beaconing- Inescapable data brokers

Data poisoning and obfuscation may be our only chance for survival. Come with me - what I will show you is only the shore on a continent of horror.

Just go in the front doors, and follow the signs. We're usually in a conference in the back of the main floor.

http://plug.org/uvu has directions and a map