April Meeting: Shell Scripting 101 (John Nielsen)

Steve Meyers steve at plug.org
Tue Apr 11 22:11:31 MDT 2017

I forgot to update the topic description:

After a brief introduction to different shells, the presentation will
focus on POSIX/Bourne-compatible scripts (/bin/sh) and mention a few
bash extras. Topics will include getting started, variables, parameter
expansion, substitution, conditionals, loops, quoting, functions and
shell arithmetic. And of course, lots of examples and interactive demos
to put it all together.