I'm lost in Windows.

Gabriel Gunderson gabe at gundy.org
Thu Apr 6 12:27:57 MDT 2017

PLUG,

I know many of you feel the same way ^^^.

Do you have resources that you turn to when you have to work in Windows?

I'm tasked with creating a software "updater". Something (a secondary
process?) that monitors for a new EXE and will update the running
version.

It's my hope that I can leverage something already existing or build
upon something Windows ships with. Open source is preferred, but not a
requirement. Lastly, we don't have control over the PC (they're not
in-house), so tools based on Active Directory and domain management
aren't really an option.

Thanks all!

Best,
Gabe