REMINDER: September Meeting tomorrow: Kerberos Protocol (Tyler Johnson)

Steve Meyers steve at plug.org
Mon Sep 19 10:40:01 MDT 2016

Date: Tuesday, September 20th
Time: 7:00pm
Location: UVU Business Resource Center

PLEASE NOTE THE NEW TIME! We're going to start meeting at 7:00pm instead of 7:30pm

Tyler Johnson will be explaining the kerberos protocol and demonstrating it's use in various environments. Kerberos is a computer network authentication protocol which works on the basis of tickets to allow nodes communicating over a non-secure network to prove their identity to one another in a secure manner. Used in many different Operating Systems and services, it is aimed at a client-server model and provides mutual authentication -- both user and server verifiy each other's identity. Kerberos builds on symmetric key cryptography and protects against eavesdropping and replay attacks.

The demonstration will mainly take place in a debian-based environment, which is recommended if you want to follow along.

Just go in the front doors, and follow the signs. We're usually in a conference in the back of the main floor. There will be pizza provided by TekSystems.

http://plug.org/uvu has directions and a map

PLEASE NOTE THAT PLUG NOW MEETS AT 7:00pm INSTEAD OF 7:30pm