Need a little help here

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Sat Jun 11 13:03:43 MDT 2016

On Sat, 11 Jun 2016 18:01:52 +0000 (UTC)
Alan Kirkwood <a_d_kirkwood at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I tried to install XP (from an installation disk) AFTER I got Ubuntu
> working, but nope, it still doesn't recognize the hard drive.

"it still doesn't recognize the hard drive" -- what is "it" here? The
installation kit, or XP after a successful installation? If the latter,
this makes me wonder if there is a computer specific driver issue.

Did you try re-installing using the rescue partition? And did you wipe
that out installing Ubuntu?

It may be worthwhile to get the IBM, or now, Lenovo, XP installation
kit specific to that computer. The last time I bought a set, I think it
was about $40.

supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the
place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
-- U.S. Const. Amendment IV