Flatpak for RHEL/CentOS 7

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 17:04:39 MDT 2016

On 07/22/2016 01:38 PM, Barry Roberts wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 22, 2016 at 10:31 AM, John Nielsen <lists at jnielsen.net> wrote:
>>
>> yum -y install rpm-build
>> rpm -Uvh http://mirrors.xmission.com/fedora/linux/updates/24/SRPMS/f/flatpak-0.6.7-1.fc24.src.rpm
>> cd ~/rpmbuild/SPECS
>> rpmbuild -bb flatpak.spec
>> [if you are missing dependencies, install them and try again]

Yup I gave that a go and the dependency chain gets pretty complex.

>> cd ../RPMS/x86_64
>> yum install ./flatpak-what-ever-else.rpm
>>

> Or do a yum-builddep on the src rpm or spec file, then you'll get all
> the dependencies installed in one swell foop.

I may try that. Unfortunately it looks like a dependency on a newer
libelf is going to cause some major problems as I can't just replace
libelf without rebuilding a lot of other packages that depend on a
specific version of it.

Seems odd that RedHat hasn't put out at least a preview of flatpak for
RHEL 7, their latest OS.