Flatpak for RHEL/CentOS 7

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 21:43:24 MDT 2016

I've read in several places that flatpak[1] is available for RHEL 7, and
I assume CentOS, but I can't find anything about how to install it.
Gnome's blog says I can find it at sdk.gnome.org[2], but I'm not sure
what to do with that, as it's just a bunch of directories and files.  Is
this a dnf repository?

Believe it or not I've been running CentOS 7 for the last year or two as
my daily driver desktop and it works pretty well but sometimes I'd like
to try out the latest version of something, and a flatpak assembly just
might make that easier.

Can anyone shed any light on getting flatpak running on a RHEL7 or
CentOS 7 machine?  I probably could try rebuilding the packages from
Fedora 23 or 24.  But I'm thinking that RHEL has to be a target for
flatpak at some point. Maybe not yet though?

[1] http://flatpak.org/
[2]
https://blogs.gnome.org/tvb/2016/06/24/flatpak-builds-available-on-a-variety-of-architectures/