REMINDER: August Meeting tonight: Low Cost, Large Scale Open-source Projects (James Simister)

Steve Meyers steve at plug.org
Tue Aug 16 10:40:05 MDT 2016

Date: Tuesday, August 16th
Time: 7:00pm
Location: UVU Business Resource Center

PLEASE NOTE THE NEW TIME! We're going to start meeting at 7:00pm instead of 7:30pm

GitHub is a great solution for many open-source projects, but what if it isn't right for your project? If you need more control over your project or want to run your own systems, what are some good choices?The OpenDOF Project (https://opendof.org) found itself in that situation last year when it was formed. This talk presents the solutions that we identified and integrated in order to provide a web presence, source control, defect tracking and continuous integration. The talk will also briefly cover an open-source project that we created for large-scale automated testing.

We will share the tools chosen and costs that we incur, as well as how we deal with issues like download support at large scale.

Just go in the front doors, and follow the signs. We're usually in a conference in the back of the main floor. There will be pizza provided by TekSystems.

http://plug.org/uvu has directions and a map

PLEASE NOTE THAT PLUG NOW MEETS AT 7:00pm INSTEAD OF 7:30pm