Entry level events?

Levi Pearson levipearson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 15 19:24:26 MDT 2016

Not that I’d recommend doing web stuff in C these days, but it’s still done on occasion.  I used libmicrohttpd to add a web interface to an embedded system I was prototyping not too long ago.  I did embed Lua as well so I didn’t have to do it all in C, but I have done similar things entirely in C before.  And a widely used example is cgit (https://git.zx2c4.com/cgit/), which hosts the web front-end of some high-profile git-based projects, including https://git.kernel.org/ .

Both the embedded-server and cgi-bin routes are reasonable ways to do web programming in C if you really want or need to.

   —Levi