Entry level events?

James Simister james.simister at us.panasonic.com
Thu Aug 11 12:29:03 MDT 2016

We have recently delved into CMake, and I find it a very welcome alternative to make. I've worked with make and autotools for about 2 decades, writing plenty of fairly sophisticated build systems. The limitation has always been the portability beyond the Unix environment (and buy-in from other developers who don't know make as well).

If you want, I can cover the build system we've put together for the OpenDOF Project in my talk next week. We have a unique environment where we need to build a bunch of different things that don't commonly comingle well: C, Java, C#, Windows, Linux, documentation, even web apps. We've come up with a single build process that covers everything we need, giving lots of flexibility, but not requiring a huge learning curve or a paradigm shift from what is natural for each of the developers.

--
James L. Simister <james.simister at us.panasonic.com>