Has anybody here built a Hackintosh?

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 17:25:46 MST 2015

On 11/10/2015 05:10 PM, Steve Meyers wrote:
> Just curious. I've been thinking of installing OS X on a PC, just to see
> how well it works.

My brother has run one for years now, and I've attempted it myself.  In
my opinion, it's just not worth it.  It's very hard to get everything
running just right even with recommended hardware.  Once things are
running, you're always afraid to do any updates.

Do check out http://www.tonymacx86.com/.

For me running in a virtual machine would be ideal.  But so far I've
only had marginal luck doing that.  And in the end I don't have much I
need to do on OS X anyway.  If you need to do development, you probably
want to invest in real hardware in my opinion.