Automatically connect device to WiFi via Ethernet?

Levi Pearson levipearson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 17:11:05 MST 2015

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 4:19 PM, Tod Hansmann <plug.org at todandlorna.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 1:20 PM, AJ ONeal (Home) <coolaj86 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm working on a home cloud and the goal is a zero-config box that Just
>> Works (TM).
>>

> Your best bet is probably how Chromecast and friends do it:
> https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/2998456?hl=en

Along similar lines, there's the Onboarding stuff from Alljoyn:
https://allseenalliance.org/developers/learn/base-services/onboarding

It works in a somewhat similar way to Chromecast, but in a more
generalized way.  The Alljoyn reference implementation is open source
stuff on github, so you could probably either use it as-is or borrow
ideas from it.

You might also find this bit of the Alljoyn stuff fun:
https://git.allseenalliance.org/cgit/core/alljoyn-js.git/plain/doc/html/Getting%20Started%20with%20AllJoyn.js.html

       --Levi