Vote for OpenWest speakers!

Steve Meyers steve at plug.org
Fri Feb 6 11:12:58 MST 2015

On 02/06/2015 09:49 AM, Tod Hansmann wrote:
> Holy hell, all those PHP submitted talks, yet no other language goes
> noticeably far into double digits (Javascript is the only noted contender,
> actually, which goes with the PHP anyway).

The PHP community is over-represented because I've combined the SkiPHP
Conference in with OpenWest this year. Because of that, we got a LOT of
out-of-town speakers to submit.

It is true that the PHP community is pretty responsive to CFPs, though.

If anybody wants to talk about Ruby, we don't have a single talk from
their community.

Other than Ruby, though, I think we have enough to fill the tracks we'll
have. The Java community is a little different, and I expect their UG
leader to coerce a couple more talks out of their UG.

Steve