Dish Network for ISP?

Nicholas Leippe nick at leippe.com
Sat Oct 18 13:08:02 MDT 2014

I have a friend in Utah county looking at getting internet service via
reenabling a dish network account. The dish rep has told her that they
offer two options: 1) via satellite service, or 2) via their own dsl
service.

Previously, she had service through them and dish's internet service was
actually a bundled centurylink account--which she does not want.

Dish's reps refuse (or cannot) confirm what exactly they are offering and
she doesn't want to wait for the installer to show up to find out it's
something she doesn't want. Also, my understanding is that some satellite
services still use a modem/dsl for the uplink--is this still true?

Can anyone confirm what exactly dish has to offer now?

Her only other viable option would be Digis, but that could prove painful
given some logistic issues of her current home.