Fedora update archives anywhere?

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 15:02:47 MDT 2014

On 06/10/2014 08:55 AM, Steve Meyers wrote:
> On 6/7/14 10:35 PM, Michael Torrie wrote:
>> I have Fedora 19 here, and recently updated a package that apparently
>> has a regression and now things won't work for me (it was wine, which
>> regresses all the time).  The original  install had version
>> 1.5.something, and along the way I updated to version 1.7.8 which worked
>> great for my purpose.  Then the other date it updated again to version
>> 1.7.18.  I want to revert to 1.7.8, but I can't find any of the previous
>> fedora update packages anywhere online.  This seems rather strange to
>> me.  Surely each and every package revision is kept somewhere, even when
>> supplanted by another update?  Anyone know?
>
> Have you checked rpm.pbone.net to see if they have links to previous
> versions?

I did, yes. They only have links to the src rpm for Fedora 19, which I
would have used, had the playonlinux wine tarball not worked.  Sometimes
building rpms from source is problematic.  For example, I was able to
compile wine-1.7.8 from the source rpm, but there must have been a
requirement that wasn't spelled out in the spec file, because the rpm
did not package successfully (my build was missing a file it wanted to
package up).

One of the other rpm search sites had apparent links to the RPMs I
needed, but alas they were all broken links as the official Fedora
mirrors no longer have the updates that were supplanted by new updates.

Guess this is the way Fedora operates, and most of the time I have no
problem with it.  If I hadn't gotten up and running with Brian's
suggestion, I would have gone to the Fedora lists to inquire there.