Stream My Own Music Locally

Robert Merrill robertmerrill at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 12:48:05 MDT 2014

On Friday, July 11, 2014, Brian J. Rogers <captbrogers at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know of a solution to storing all of my music on a server on my
> local network that I can then stream to various client machines

I like plex media server as I like the nicer UI. There's some integration
with cloud file services, too, as well as various clients including apps,
web, chromecast and even many smart tv's or set top boxes. My sony blu ray
players can browse and play music/movies over the LAN.

While it's available for Linux (I run on a Mac though, but guessing
operation is similar), note that while it's roots come from the open source
XBMC media server, and parts of Plex *are* open, NOT ALL of it is open and
not all of it is free, so just FYI.

https://plex.tv/downloads

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plex_(software)

$0.02 deposited.