Unix Beards

Stuart Jansen sjansen at buscaluz.org
Mon Jul 7 19:02:43 MDT 2014

On Mon, 2014-07-07 at 17:25 -0400, Daniel C. wrote:
> At this point I am beginning to fear that I will never have a true Unix
> Beard.  May I still submit my application for Unix Guru, or will I forever
> be cursed to live as a low-level functionary?

Do you know Perl? I realize that Python is hipper these days, but
learning Perl will put hair on your chest and chin.

It may also be that your beard is feeling shy. Consider boosting its
confidence by growing your hair longer too.

Finally, if all else fails, buy suspenders. They'll draw attention away
from your too short beard.