slightly OT, need some electronic circuit help

Michael Torrie torriem at
Sun Oct 7 20:52:41 MDT 2012

On 10/07/2012 08:39 PM, Ryan Byrd wrote:
>> I have only one power supply.  It's called a battery.  I cannot add a
>> second battery.  This is on a vehicle.
> well... you could get a dc-dc converter that takes 12v in and outputs
> 24v, like this
> then, with 24v you could use a pair of resistors in a voltage divider
> circuit to get +/- 12v:

That may work... though the current rating is rather low.

> Another option is to use an 12->120v inverter and then use a computer
> power supply. ATX, for example, has +/- 12 volt outputs:

Hmm, sounds complicated.

Will give it some thought.

More information about the PLUG mailing list