Henry Hertz Hobbit hhhobbit at securemecca.com
Thu Jun 24 19:45:56 MDT 2010

On 06/24/2010 07:15 PM, Merrill Oveson wrote:
> I may need some help wiring a building.
> I don't have the tools, or the expertise to do this on my own.
> (It's mostly just cabling cat 5e wire from the wall to a patch panel.)
> Anybody out there interested, or know of somebody who can do this?
> Yes, I've contacted communications companies - and they want a fortune
> to do something that seems not that hard or complicated.
> Merrill

I have read the other answers in the thread - Colemans is a good
place to get what you need.  The price is right.

It can end up being more complex than you think, especially as the
number of wires goes up and the lengths increase, IF you are using
it for a LAN.  You didn't say whether you were using it for a LAN
or a digital phone system.  I am assuming you are using it for a
digital phone system from the way you are writing.  You don't really
need cat 5e for analog phone.

I may be interested in helping but I am rather busy right now.
I am also assuming you already have somebody in house to handle
the rest of this, correct?


More information about the PLUG mailing list