not getting logwatch mail

Joseph Hall joseph at thatworks.com
Thu Aug 27 22:03:38 MDT 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 10:00 PM, Wade Preston
Shearer<wadeshearer.lists at me.com> wrote:
> I am not receiving my LogWatch emails. I can send email from the system
> successfully (from the command line). I am using Postfix. When I run
> logwatch from the command line, I get nothing. There is nothing in the
> maillog. Logwatch "Print" option is set to "no" (meaning, mail the results
> opposed to sending them to stdout. Logwatch is in cron.daily. I'm stumped.

Check /etc/aliases. With postfix you generally want to make sure that
root's email is being sent to an unpriviledged user account. I've seen
this same problem before, and updating the aliases file has been known
to fix it.

--
Joseph
http://blog.josephhall.com/