A couple questions

Matthew Walker mwalker at kydance.net
Thu Aug 13 10:58:55 MDT 2009

On Wed, August 12, 2009 5:53 pm, Matthew Walker wrote:
> Agreed. Going forward this may be how I set it up, but this box has been around for a
> while, and I've learned a lot in the last 4-5 years. (Heck, ever the last 1-2 years.)
> It's looking like a complete writeoff for now, so I may just wipe the drives, and start
> fresh with a software raid 1+0 setup, instead of the raid 5 + standby we were using.

So we pulled the raid card last night, and this morning I tried to start partitioning
the old drives to set up software raid, and 3 of the 4 drives crash when fdisk tries to
access them. So either the raid card was lying about their condition, or it destroyed
them as it crashed. Either way, it looks like the raid card may have been at fault.

New drives will be on order shortly, and hopefully will solve all our problems.

--
Matthew Walker