UUG Meeting Reminder / Location Correction

Ross Werner ross at indessed.com
Wed Jul 19 20:04:17 MDT 2006

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006, "Hill, Greg" wrote:
> No worries.  My second reply to the 'duh... google' comments was
> probably a bit hostile 'cause the replies annoyed me.  Anyhoo, just out
> of curiosity, I went to google maps and typed in TCMB and it found the
> right place.  That was kind of cool.  I guess having my home address as
> my starting point helped it to know how to narrow it down.

I'm no longer in Utah so Google doesn't have that extra tidbit of
information ... searching for "TMCB" and "UUG" gave me lots of BYU links,
but no address. In any case, I think UUG announcements could certainly
say "BYU UUG" rather than just "UUG", and preferably have a link to their
web site.

But the *real* WTF here is colleges that don't have an easily accessible
campus map online. Just the other day I was looking at something happening
at a nearby college with just a random acronym for the building and
couldn't easily find a map that had a list of all the buildings and their
acronyms.

 	~ Ross