[PLUG-announce] REMINDER: October Meeting tomorrow: Manipulating video in open source ways

Steve Meyers steve at plug.org
Mon Oct 19 10:40:06 MDT 2015

Date: Tuesday, October 20th
Time: 7:30pm
Location: UVU Business Resource Center

This presentation is intended to give an overview of the various open source tools and libraries available for processing and manipulating video data. I will go over tools for video playback, simple and advanced video editing, command-line utilities, and DVD/Bluray ripping. Finally, I'll do a live-demo of a complete video workflow from capture to final rendering.

Doran Barton has been a Linux user since about 1995 and has been working with digital video editing since 1997. Linux became his primary platform for video editing in the mid-2000s. Doran has overseen video recording for Openwest for several years and is currently working on his first video documentary project.

Just go in the front doors, and follow the signs. We're usually in a conference in the back of the main floor. There will be pizza provided by TekSystems.

http://plug.org/uvu has directions and a map