May 2014 meeting topic before the meeting announcement

Tod Hansmann plug.org at todandlorna.com
Tue May 13 17:09:45 MDT 2014

Alright, let's do this.

I'm told I'm presenting in a week.  If Steve decides on someone else or
something, well, disregard this.

Topic: "Cross-Platform Javascript Gamedev with PhoneGap - Because We Could
Do Worse, I Guess"

Basically, we're going to have a quick look at PhoneGap, what it is and
isn't, and then we're going to quickly write a game with it while covering
some simple topics in PhoneGap specific nuances.  I'll even have the game
on a couple android tablets if I can swing it.

Be prepared to know at least how Javascript works.  Ish.  I guess.  Note
that I'll be fairly tongue-in-cheek about javascript hipsterism and how
it's taking over the world, all the while facing the reality of Javascript
as a large portion of UI development in the future.  I may even use Vim,
but I doubt it.

Oh, and I may give Adobe a few plugs on some of their tools, because
they're pretty awesome.

Fair warning.

Cheers,
-Tod Hansmann