404 and banned?

S. Dale Morrey sdalemorrey at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 12:49:59 MDT 2014

What would you guys recommend here?
I have a box running nginx and nodejs powering a financial website that
completely custom code and meant to be highly secure.

Nevertheless I am constantly seeing floods for xmlrpc.php and the like.
I'd like to just instantly put any computer that tries for these exploit
vectors on a black list for 48 hours and basically ignore any incoming
connections from them during that timeframe.

Wondering what tech is out there nowdays to automate this, especially
something that doesn't break in nginx and node?

Thanks guys!