Changes to plug.org

Ryan Simpkins plug at ryansimpkins.com
Thu Mar 20 10:40:03 MDT 2014

On Wed, March 19, 2014 15:12, Charles Curley wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Mar 2014 14:48:34 -0600
> Steve Meyers <steve at plug.org> wrote:
>
>> I'm of the belief that we should either (a) use an existing product
>> that most closely matches our needs, or (b) write something that is
>> only loosely integrated with our frontend, so that it doesn't break
>> when we update the frontend.
>
> If we wrote something like that, with an emphasis on security and quick
> response time for users, we might be able to start a new open source
> project.
>
> "By a LUG, for a LUG! It has to be good!"

Sounds like people want it, but no one wants to build it. I built the last one
using drupal, but upgrading turned in to a PITA and so it got frozen. My guess
is that anything fancy is going to have that problem. An alternative approach
would be to use simple wordpress pages for this.

The presentation is important, but content rules all. We simply need to get
the data out there for people to consume.

-Ryan