Changes to plug.org

Steve Meyers steve at plug.org
Wed Mar 19 14:46:57 MDT 2014

On 3/19/14 2:41 PM, Merrill Oveson wrote:
> With all the expertise, (phpers on the list) we couldn't code the website
> using something besides a CM?
> It seems we could get together and divide and conquer.  Different people
> assigned different pieces.

The problem is not with the initial development, but with long-term
maintenance.  I'm sure we could develop the perfect solution, but within
a year or two nobody would be maintaining it anymore -- witness our
Drupal 4.7 installation.

What we need is a more simple solution, preferably maintained by someone
else.

Steve