Changes to plug.org

Merrill Oveson moveson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 14:41:21 MDT 2014

I appreciate the fact that it is acknowledged that WordPress is problematic
- as is Drupal.
I worked for a short stint at BlueHost doing technical support.
Night after night, I'd get calls of hacked WordPress,Drupal or Joomla sites.
I'm certainly not a fan of any CM.  I've seen way too many hacked sites -
and I think there's a huge amount of unnecessary overhead.

With all the expertise, (phpers on the list) we couldn't code the website
using something besides a CM?
It seems we could get together and divide and conquer.  Different people
assigned different pieces.

Assuming LAMP stack...
Someone oversees, someone does css, someone does php frontend, someone does
php classes, someone does db connectivity, etc.

IMHO

Merrill