smoke detectors that don't suck

Barry Roberts blr at robertsr.us
Thu Mar 13 21:15:59 MDT 2014

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 7:41 PM, John D Jones III
<unixgeek1972 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 03/13/14 19:10, Dallin Jones wrote:
>>
>> The only problem with the nest co and smoke detector is I have 8 in my
>> house and at 200-250 each it gets really expensive really fast.

I've always heard you don't want to have all ionization or all optical
smoke detectors.  You want some of each.  Does anybody else do that?

I'm switching to lithium (CR123) powered detectors because they seem
to have longer battery life.  No networking or anything though, just
Home Depot stuff.