Behold, the recruiters!

Tod Hansmann plug.org at todandlorna.com
Tue Mar 11 23:37:54 MDT 2014

On 3/11/2014 10:48 AM, Jonathan Duncan wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 9:46 AM, Tod Hansmann <plug.org at todandlorna.com>wrote:
>
>> I have dilemnas.
>>
>> I'm looking at moving to Seattle area or more "north" in the Utah valley.
>> (Very much leaning toward Seattle, I love the area.)  As such, new job.
>> The problem is the same one I've had in every job hunt ever: recruiters.  I
>> don't like middle-men, it seems inefficient and it requires a lot of trust
>> to be represented.
>>
>> That said, I've had a couple good recruiters over the years.  Tell me, how
>> do I make recruiters not be a negative experience in my job hunt?
>>

> This is one big reason for building and maintaining a good network. I have
> always got work through my network. Social networking is not just a popular
> Internet phrase of the day.  :)

In all honesty that's one of the biggest reasons I'm looking at
recruiters as an option.  I don't have a large network in Seattle. I
know about 12 people, only 3 of which are tech.

So... anyone know a good recruiter in the Seattle area?  Don't tell the
linux guys in Utah, but I'm kind of hoping to work for Microsoft if
anyone knows somebody.

Cheers,

-Tod Hansmann