Behold, the recruiters!

Chris Wood chris at tincreek.com
Tue Mar 11 10:26:28 MDT 2014

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 9:46 AM, Tod Hansmann <plug.org at todandlorna.com> wrote:
> I have dilemnas.
>
> I'm looking at moving to Seattle area or more "north" in the Utah valley.
> (Very much leaning toward Seattle, I love the area.)  As such, new job.
> The problem is the same one I've had in every job hunt ever: recruiters.  I
> don't like middle-men, it seems inefficient and it requires a lot of trust
> to be represented.
>
> That said, I've had a couple good recruiters over the years.  Tell me, how
> do I make recruiters not be a negative experience in my job hunt?

I haven't used a recruiter in hiring or for finding a job, but I have
observed that some companies avoid them to keep their costs low (to
avoid fees to recruiters).  However, I've seen other management teams
that seem to prefer or rely on them to fill positions.  So, I think
depending on the hiring company's culture, the route to getting hired
may be through a recruiter.

I'm curious what others have to say that have more experience with
them.  I know there are one or two on the list.