printers that don't suck

Chris Wood chris at tincreek.com
Fri Mar 7 09:37:38 MST 2014

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 8:35 PM, Michael Lovell <toelovell at gmail.com> wrote:
> My printer (a mid-range HP all-in-one) just decided to give up the ghost
> after about 5 years and less than a ream of pages printed. Does anyone have
> any recommendations for a printer that works easily from Linux, preferably
> has a wired network interface, under a couple hundred dollars, and doesn't
> completely suck? I don't think there exists a printer that doesn't suck but
> hopefully there are some with a minimal amount. I don't do a lot of
> printing, usually months between pages, but would like it to last for more
> than a couple years. Any recommendations?

Unless you buy a bigger HP (business grade), the quality seems to have
gone downhill.  The last HP color laser I bought for work for about
$800 was a disappointment.  I have a Brother laser that I have really
liked and my parents have a couple of the smaller Brother laser
printers and they seem decent.

I wish I had picked up a color laser.  I thought I would use my
inkjet, but as others have mentioned if you don't use them frequently
they clog up.

--
Chris Wood