printers that don't suck

Andy Bradford amb-plugg at
Thu Mar 6 21:30:07 MST 2014

Thus said Michael Lovell on Thu, 06 Mar 2014 20:35:10 -0700:

> I don't do a lot of  printing, usually months between pages, but would
> like it to last for more than a couple years. Any recommendations?

For a  black and  white printer, and  not-higher than  600dpi resolution
requirements, HP from the late 90s are probably a good buy:

I have  one and  it just  keeps going. You  might even  find one  with a
duplexer and  be sure that it  has a network adapter  on it (JetDirect).
Printing  from any  Unix-like  OS is  a breeze,  I  print with  standard
lpd/lpr (no need for CUPS for a printer like this).

TAI64 timestamp: 4000000053194b72