PHP Programming (was JOB: LAMP Artisan)

Mister Ed Mister.Ed at AgoraCart.com
Thu Mar 6 21:09:38 MST 2014

On 3/6/2014 7:38 PM, Levi Pearson wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 5:41 PM, Joshua Marsh <joshua at themarshians.com> wrote:
>
>> I don't think I'm shrugging it off. I just think that zealots and academics
>> don't typically represent reality. The blog post was clearly inflammatory
>> and he didn't iterate anything that wasn't already known to me or the
>> public in general. Everyone has an opinion. He clearly has one about PHP.
>> Regardless, people still use it and new projects are using it.
>
> I think that by grouping "zealots" and "academics" together, you show
> that you don't appreciate the connection between the reality of
> programming and its foundations in academia.  It's a really bizarre
> phenomenon, and I see it much more in my programming-trained...

... blah blah blah... big ole snipperooo thingy here ...

  ...You don't have to like your tools to use them well; in fact,
> you will probably use them better if you don't convince yourself you
> like them. :P
>
>          --Levi

me head bobs. More head bobbing. Then some more. Then me awakens and
sleepily asks: How much longer until class is out? ... I'm never going
to use this stuff when I grow up ;p

PS - which public in general? 11% of "them" supposedly think HTML is a STD