printers that don't suck

Michael Lovell toelovell at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 20:35:10 MST 2014

My printer (a mid-range HP all-in-one) just decided to give up the ghost
after about 5 years and less than a ream of pages printed. Does anyone have
any recommendations for a printer that works easily from Linux, preferably
has a wired network interface, under a couple hundred dollars, and doesn't
completely suck? I don't think there exists a printer that doesn't suck but
hopefully there are some with a minimal amount. I don't do a lot of
printing, usually months between pages, but would like it to last for more
than a couple years. Any recommendations?

mike