JOB: LAMP Artisan

keith smith klsmith2020 at
Fri Feb 28 10:28:41 MST 2014

Personal Home Page was a long time ago - 20 years ago.  I started web programming in 1999 and PHP was at version 4 by that time, however I recall seeing version 2 being offered on vhosts.  I do realize that most of the good stuff has been added recently.  PHP 5.3 was released Jun 2009 and PHP 5.0 was published in 2004.

I would submit that PHP became a "modern" language 10 yeas ago with the release of PHP 5.

I have read that the original PHP was written using PERL, however according to , the original version was written in C.

Keith Smith

On Friday, February 28, 2014 8:55 AM, Doran L. Barton <fozz at> wrote:
On Wed, 26 Feb 2014 17:53:38 -0700
"S. Dale Morrey" <sdalemorrey at> wrote:

> Problem is that LAMP has a fairly specific meaning it's a choice of OS,
> Webserver, DB and programming language.  If you change any of those you are
> no longer using LAMP :D

LAMP is a moving target. The "P" used to be Perl, for example. Now it's
just ???? (or /..../ in regex.)

Doran L. Barton <fozz at> - Linux, Perl, Web, good fun, and more!
"Warning: contains nuts."
    -- Seen on a peanut container

PLUG:, #utah on
Don't fear the penguin.