JOB: LAMP Artisan

Dan Egli ddavidegli at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 02:57:15 MST 2014

On February 21, 2014, Joshua Fenio wrote:

> Sure, but a good workman recognizes a broken tool when he sees one. It's

> inarguable that PHP is a poorly designed language - if you can even argue

> that it's "designed" in the first place.

I have to disagree here. Is PHP perfect? No way. No language. Is it the
language to use in any situation? Again no, and again, neither is any other
language. Does the language "Just Work" when written carefully? Absolutely.
As far as my personal experiences go, it works quite well. Are there
situations where I'd look for a different language? Undoubtedly. But they
would be the exception, not the rule. And then comes the big question: How
easy is it to debug PHP? Very easy. How easy is it to debug some other
languages? Ranging anywhere from very easy to extremely difficult/near
impossible.

--- Dan