JOB: LAMP Artisan

Matthew Frederico mfrederico at gmail.com
Fri Feb 21 13:20:36 MST 2014

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 1:03 PM, Tod Hansmann <plug.org at todandlorna.com>wrote:

> Do you have to LOVE PHP?  Can you just have an understanding of its
> usefulness as a tool despite the terrible language it is implemented as,
> thus enjoying building things with it as opposed to enjoying it in and of
> itself?  =cP
>
> I know, I'm a bad man.

Dear Tod,

Not *loving* php doesn't make you a bad man .. well, not too much :-)

Yes - it's not a perfect programming language like node, but compared to
GWBasic or Java - (</me ducks>) its shortcomings are outweighed by its low
footprint, ubiquitous install base and easy to pick up grammaticals.  Thus,
like the hammer of Thor - In the right hands "the php" can be a powerful
force to do good.  Just like every other language with a cult-like fan base.

So perhaps you are right - Loving what it does, not necessarily what it is.
 (Love the sinner, not the sin?)

Best Regards,

- Matt