Anyone here still read slashdot?

Barry Roberts blr at robertsr.us
Thu Feb 6 06:35:32 MST 2014

On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 1:21 AM, Michael Torrie <torriem at gmail.com> wrote:
> Or am I the only one who still habitually wastes time with the
> occasional slashdot addiction?  If I had resgistered my username when I
> first started reading slashdot my id would probably be 5 digits or less.

My user number is 8620, and I haven't kicked the habit yet.

> If any of you still read slashdot, what do you think of the new beta?
> Personally I dislike it mainly because I'm old, but partly because I'm
> inflexible, but what do you web design gurus on this list think of it?
> Is it truly as bad as most of the commenters and moderators seem to think?

I don't like it much, but I'm admittedly old, inflexible and
curmudgeonly, so I'm trying to withhold judgement.  It is cleaner, and
I can't quantify exactly why I don't like it, other than it just seems
harder to read with my old eyes.

Barry