Email Clients. Was: What to do when nslookup & dig disagree?

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Wed Feb 5 18:39:27 MST 2014

On Wed, 5 Feb 2014 17:21:56 -0700
Lonnie Olson <lists at kittypee.com> wrote:

> How well does Claws-mail support full-text searching,

I'm not sure what you mean by full text searching. Claws-mail has
several search options. No direct regex support, though. In addition,
you can use mbox or maildir, so your emails are plain vanilla text
files, which you can search with all the Unix tools.

> threading,

Excellent support for mail threads. You can display threads together,
and set whether they are sorted according to the latest email in the
thread or the oldest according to your main sorting criterion.

> quick
> keybinding?

I don't think there is any support for key binding. However, you can
use an external editor for emails, so that's not a big deal for me.

> I'm in transition phase trying to find the perfect mail client

Oh, good luck there. :-)

> after
> company moved from Google Apps to Office365.

One thing Claws-mail does you may not like. It will not compose HTML
email, which is fine with me. It will display it using a quirky
browser. You can read and reply to the plain text portion of an email.

Here are some reviews and notes for you:
http://www.goodbyemicrosoft.net/search.php?q=claws&r=0&s=Search

supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the
place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
-- U.S. Const. Amendment IV