What to do when nslookup & dig disagree?

Charles Curley charlescurley at charlescurley.com
Wed Feb 5 15:55:48 MST 2014

On Wed, 5 Feb 2014 15:06:53 -0700
"Doran L. Barton" <fozz at hypermoo.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Feb 2014 14:44:28 -0700
> John Shaver <bobjohnbob at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm just using gmail, what exactly was so terrible about it?  It
> > seems to display ok for me, but, then, I'm viewing it in gmail so
> > that might be why....
>
> Heh. It might be MY client. It wasn't showing the quoted parts of
> Dale's original post as being quoted, so it was confusing to me who
> said what. :-/

I noticed the same thing, also on claws-mail.

John, folks on this list don't see HTML mail. We only see the text
version. Somewhere in your gmail settings you can tell it to quote
using the appropriate RFC standard (822???). Please turn that on.

Thanks.

supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the
place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
-- U.S. Const. Amendment IV