Seeking Digital Whiteboard App

Lonnie Olson lists at kittypee.com
Tue Feb 4 09:23:42 MST 2014

On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 5:38 PM, Jonathan Duncan
<jonathan at bluesunhosting.com> wrote:
> In my office we whiteboard, a lot. Whiteboarding is a great way to get
> ideas out of our heads and communicate visually with others. Ideas often
> translate better as pictures than they do as words.
>
> Some downsides of whiteboarding: there is not always a whiteboard around,
> there is not always a whiteboard that is large enough to handle all the
> ideas we want to put on it, taking a picture of the contents of a
> whiteboard is handy but could be more efficient.
>
> As I was in another whiteboarding session today I thought it would be handy
> to have a tablet on which I could draw ideas and the tablet could be
> mirrored onto a large monitor or projector screen. It would be nice if
> screen on the tablet would actually be only a portion of the larger
> picture. I could zoom into a small area, draw or write details, zoom out
> and draw bigger items, etc. All the while, my coworkers could see the big
> picture on the large monitor.
>
> I am currently in the process of Googling and I see some apps that I am
> researching.
>
> In the meantime, I am wondering if any pluggers have any app like this
> (iPad or Andriod) can provide some feedback on what they liked or did not
> like about such an app.

You could also go the hardware route.  There are lots of options for
"smart whiteboard" that basically interface a real whiteboard with a
computer.  Lots of fancy/rich schools use this method.

Or software using a tablet as you mentioned.  The only "whiteboard"
like app I have used on a tablet is Adobe Ideas on iPad.  Pretty good
for simple drawing, it's free (IIRC), but may not do everything you
want.